Monday, May 28, 2012

I don't Live There Any More


I grew up in Pittsburgh. That's why I was able to do such a photorealistic representation of downtown Pittsburgh showing the three rivers, the fountain at Point State Park at the confluence of the Allegheny and Monongahela Rivers, and the city's skyline.

If you ever go to Pittsburgh, you could take a copy of this picture with you so that you could feel more comfortable navigating about the city.

I drew this picture from memory, so I would be cautious about the possibility that changes may have occurred since I left. The last time I was in Pittsburgh was, let's see, I think about thirty years ago. It might be as little as twenty-five years.

I know I have changed in that amount of time. I am older, balder and fatter -- more bald than I could have anticipated, although not as fat as I could have become had I not exercised at least a bit of self control. One thing I am particularly pleased with is that I really have not regrets about the past twenty-five or thirty years. I am not where I might have been if all my plans had panned out, but God has a sense of humor, and to be honest, where I am is probably a lot nicer.

I am content. I am comfortable. I am at peace.

I have no desire to be in any other place or in any other time in my life. No offense, Pittsburgh. It's just that now is a nice place to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment