Monday, March 5, 2012

OOPS!!!

Bernie's Before and After

Well, some days things go well, and other days things don't go precisely as planned. When I went to shave today, as I was plugging in my beard trimmer, I dropped it. A beard trimmer is a small device with an adjustable head that can be used to keep your beard trimmed neatly to a specific length from stubble to full.

Even though I inspected the trimmer for damage when I picked it up, and even though the length gauge setting still was set at 5, when I fired it up and ran it through the center of my beard, it sheared a nice path right down the skin of my chinny-chin-chin.

I stood there for a moment quite bewildered looking at the furrow on my chin. I do not let my beard grow long enough to allow for a comb over, and it was too wide a swath to simply ignore until it grew back. So, there seemed nothing left to do but to buzz the rest off, right down to the mustache.

I haven't really seen my chin for many years now, so I was curious to see how it was doing. It's kind of like going to a high school reunion in a way. I was bracing for a 'my goodness, he's let himself go" kind reaction, but fortunately, as you can see by the picture above, my chin has done well for itself.

So now the question: do I grow back the full vandyke beard, leave just the mustache, or shave myself totally bald?

1 comment: