Monday, January 16, 2012

Getting It Right



Today was just one of those days, the good kind when you have a sense that maybe you're doing something right.



It was a peaceful day with the entire family off doing stuff they wanted to do, and gathering together to prepare, eat, and clean up after meals.





Everything was just the way it is supposed to be. I am extremely blessed to have a family like this. I've tried multigenerational family living before under different circumstances. Ultimately a great deal of good came out that experiment, but you had to take the long view, the really long view to see how it worked out, and the process was messy.




This time around, there is an ease and a peace that is truly remarkable to me. A lot of credit for that goes to Sand who always seems to know the correct thing to do, but an equal amount of credit must go to 





John who displays an enormous amount of patience and kindness towards everyone in the family, day in and day out despite the fact that I know there are days when he is in considerable pain.





There is the distinct possibility that the whole family is simply under the control of Howie's telepathic suggestion, and like worker bees, we are all here simply to do his bidding. I thought about that, but dismissed the idea as ludicrous. I went and got a dog cookie and took it to Howie just to demonstrate that I could think for myself.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see everyone, except... where is Fourmyle? Sand hasn't offed him, has she?

    ReplyDelete